Sunday, November 16, 2008

What I have been doing

Now that MFE is over, there is suddenly so much time in my hands. Hopefully, I can make use of this time to learn more about Linux; an advantage of learning Linux is that I can use it for my work report.


I am reading a book on ethics. Although I can write many arguments to counter the author's arguments (even using the basis of analysis proposed by the author), I can at least get a feel of how others define ethics, since this can be very useful later on. The book is not any in-depth analysis, but merely an introduction to a variety of simple topics.


And I am still on my way to master piano pieces to hopefully play professionally in the future. I have high expectations on this, but it is very hard to achive the level I want to achieve. Currently, still learning the concerto and vigorously polishing up my etude.


One-handed cubing is a nice "brief" show to random people all over the place. Seriously, those people in the subway needs to be more productive, though I have little hope that they would obey. Other stuff that I can hopefully master is: clear perfect pitch high speed whistling, produce high-tech useful gadgets for everyday use, contact juggling, anything simple that only requires hands... (other stuff I am contemplating includes violin, flute, piccolo... those are all small enough to bring on board anywhere)


I realize my first-person shooter skills on PC have failed me really badly. I am now always last in online matches... This is a skill I need to achieve back; losing a skill is never good. Every week, my cousin comes over to play video games with me. It is a useful experience, because most games involve eye and hand coordination, but most importantly, the reaction time or the "clock that ticks inside me".


I am also reading Go books. Again, this is something I have abandoned and was thrown into the dump, so I have to dig it back out. Now, I shall see how far I can go into books before making a surprise attack into the world of Go... I hope.


And of course, there is a infinitely-long list of what I intend to do in the future...


Random quote from my co-workers:
A: So you are worth 60 billion yesterday and then you are worth 30 billion today. How would you feel?
B: I would feel happy. Come on, half of infinity is infinity!

2 comments:

Oliver Warbux said...

"Other stuff that I can hopefully master is: clear perfect pitch high speed whistling"

Trust me, it's not all THAT glamourous.

William said...

I was really obsessed with this at Waterloo... the professional whistlers are seriously incredible. I remembered this guy whistled flight of the bumblebee, like wow....................... I will never be able to do that even if I practice a lot.