Monday, November 24, 2008

The Nature of Euthanasia

***found from my archives. I am particularly happy about this sonnet =) Nothing particular inspired me to write this piece, but I felt the topic was "significant" enough to be a sonnet. I remember I was at YES and spent lots of time on the sonnet there XD***

Atop the brown elixir once of life,
Now smelt of sea gull’s recourse–filthy feast,
Lies Lily who protrudes like dullest knife,
In need of one to grant her life deceased.

Our Mother hugging on its rotten roots,
Our water holding life for hanging stems,
Our light rays breeding blighted, yellow shoots,
Become the torturous acts that one condemns.

To nature: halt! Let one consume her time.
For if she lingers on thy weary gift,
Her static home will offset with its grime.
Oh end it clean! Oh end it quick and swift!

So let her breathe and jest a final breath,
And stop her suffering with a mercy death.

No comments: